Saturday, December 26, 2009

I need to organize!

I'm sure it's just because there is an influx of "stuff" in the house because of the holidays but I feel like I'm loosing my mind in our small house. We have a total of 4 closets in the house, 2 are for bedrooms, 1 is our linen and the other is a front closet. Everything is always out because quite frankly there is no place to put it away, and without a basement our garage catches the overflow. So our garage isn't a garage but an extended storage unit that is overflowing, which stinks because I'd love to have a garage to use! I'd also love to not have to look at every single toy Siiri has, or all our books, blankets etc. And don't even get me started on our kitchen. Not only is there no counter space but no storage space for that matter; the previous owners took the doors off the cabinets so we have no doors and everything is visible. Every pot, pan, plate, cup, coffee mug...and I feel like I clean constantly yet there is never any order! It's so frustrating, I know J is sick of hearing about it and I feel bad but honestly I grew up in a house where there was space for storage. It just makes me feel very overwhelmed, like can't breathe overwhelmed by how messy the house gets and so quickly.
I don't want to go buy things either because that'll just take up more space that we don't have. I guess I just don't know how to live small :( I want to be able to, and I keep getting rid of things but I can't seem to manage all the toys, books bla bla bla. I want some semblence of order so I'm not embarassed everytime people come over with all our stuff being out and having really no place to put it.
Where's Nate Berkus when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment